Garnet for Sandblasting
|FOB Price:||US $200-250 / Ton|
|Min. Order:||1 Ton|
|Min. Order||FOB Price|
|1 Ton||US $200-250/ Ton|
|Payment Terms:||L/C, T/T, Western Union, Paypal, Money Gram|
- Model NO.: F12-F220
- Shotblast Material: Garnet
- Shotblast Application: Guns and Tanks
- Sandblasting Applications: Metallurgy
- Transport Package: 25kgs PVC Bag, 1 Mt/Big Bag
- Origin: China
- Shotblast Type: Shot Blasting
- Sandblasting Type: Manual Sandblasting
- Sandblasting Method: Wet Spray
- Trademark: Yichang
- Specification: 20-40mesh, 30-60mesh
- HS Code: 25132000
Garnet abrasive is composed of natural Almandite garnet grains that are known for their natural hardness, durability and abrasive characteristic. It is cost-effective alternative to silica sand, mineral slags and steel grits and shot as the perfect symbiosis of grain size, density and hard and hardness/durability creates the optimum abrasive efficiency.
Garnet Chemical Composition (Typical - wt%)
Silica SiO2 37.2%
Iron (Fe2O3+FeO) 33.22%
Alumina Al2O3 20.59%
Magnesium MgO 6%
Calcium CaO 2%
Manganese MnO 0.64%
Titanium TiO2 0.25%
Garnet Physical Characteristic
Specific Gravity 4.10 g/cm3
Hardness 7.5+ (moh Scale)
Chloride Content Less than 25 ppm
Bulk Density 145 lb / ft3
Colour Reddish Pink, Reddish Brown
Acid Solubility (HCL) Less than 1%
Conductivity Less than 125 μs /cm
Melting point 1,300°C
Grain Shape Sub angular
Garnet Mineralogical Composition (Typical)
Almandite Garnet 93 - 98%
Ilmenite Less than 2%
Quartz (free silica) Less than 1.0%
Others Less than 0.5%
sandblasting (surface preparation) in the following application:
1. Shipping building and offshore rig construction and maintenance
2.Construction of chemical plants, power stations, mining and processing equipment, gas and sewerage plants, desalination and industrial plants.
3. Construction in the building industry and structural steel.
4.Construction and maintenance of containers and tanks, tank trucks and rail tanks, as well as wagons and coaches.
5. Stone building facades and monuments.-Stainless Steel.
6. Rubber lining of tanks and vessels7. Suppression chambers of nuclear power projects
In water jet cutting, garnet Grains are entrained in a high-velocity stream of water that impacts the material to be cut at high pressure. It is perfectly suitable for the applications given below
1. in oil refineries,
2. for underwater steel structures
3. for shaping such materials as marble, granite, automotive glass, textiles, plastics, aluminum, and high-strength steel.
Garnet for Water Filtration:-Garnet is possibly the most cost effective alternative for water filtration beds as it resets the filter bed more
rapidly after the bed is back-tified for use in potable water systems.
These special garnets do not release any toxic substances into the water supply.
The most common sizes high density garnet media used in Water Filtration are 0.3 / 0.6mm and 1.4 / 2.36mm.However, almost any size between 0.1 and 3.00mm can be made for customers specific requirements.
Garnet for Abrasive Paper:- Abrasive grains are highly useful for coated abrasive which in turn are used for coating of metal, wood & other coated purpose. Abrasive Paper made out of abrasive grains are mainly used for the surface preparation application for painting and removing of the corrosion particles, which gives new life to surface preparation.
8/12 12/20 20/40 30/60 80# 100# 120#
8# 12# 16# 24# 30# 36# 46# 60# 80# 100#120# 150#
W60 W50 W40 W28 W20 W14
Other special size could be supplied as required